Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Proverbs 31 Woman

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
    and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
    all the days of her life.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised


Proverb 31:10-12;25-30


I have been single all my life, but have desired to be married. When I was just 3 years old, I asked my aunt how old you had to be to get married. I am now 47 years old and engaged to be married to a very beautiful woman. I have never been married all these years. It was worth the wait. God asks us to wait on him. I believe when we wait, God gives us his best. When we take matters into our own hand to take what God does not give us, it causes tremendous grief. I have often done that and regretted it. God certainly forgave me but I also at times suffered consequences.

The woman God has given me is certainly a woman of noble character, a virtuous woman. She believes in obedience to God and his word. She studies his word daily. She is very involved in her church. She attends classes and teaches others. She loves to worship in song. She truly loves, respects and honors God.

She is certainly worth more than rubies. In fact, the first part of her name is Ruby which shows her value. Love is what we all need the most and she gives love very freely and consistently. Receiving her love is of greater value than any precious gem.

She is strong. She has endured trials and God has molded her character through those trials. She is from the Philippines which is a very poor country. She has very little in material possessions compared to the poorest American. In spite of poor living conditions, she is able to laugh and giggle freely.

She is wise. We read the Bible together and she often demonstrates wisdom from the Holy Spirit with the insights she shares. She gives me wise input into all our financial decisions as a couple. She has a good understanding of the differences between men and women. She knows how to speak and listen to me.

She is certainly not idle. She worked in another country to make money not for herself but for her family. She received a nursing degree and had to work hard to be able to afford school. She works faithfully for her family and for her church. She shows unselfishness in all she does. She is very generous and giving.

She has no children yet, but I'm certain when she does, they will call her blessed. She loves kids. She gives affection, love and instruction to her sibling's children. I certainly praise her and believe she is worthy of honor and praise.

She is certainly beautiful in her outer appearance and takes time to make herself look so. Yet, I know that beauty will fade. Her heart's beauty will never fade. She truly fears and respects the Lord. The love she has in her heart shines on her countenance giving her even more beauty.

Soon after we met, I prayed to God. I was interested in a few women at the time and asked for his wisdom to help me choose. I felt led to begin a Bible study. It was doing a study on 1 Corinthians 13 which convinced me to begin to court this woman. I asked her father's permission to do so and he readily agreed. In a short time, I visited her in the Philippines. It did not take me long to be convinced with no uncertainty that she was the woman God had prepared for me. I asked her father's permission to marry her and then after receiving his approval, I asked her. She said yes. Now we are waiting for her visa to be issued so she can come to America and we can be married.

I waited a long time to meet her and now have been waiting over 10 months to marry her. I'm still waiting, but God has already proved that waiting on him is the best thing to do. His timing is perfect and his gifts are the greatest.

God often tells us to wait. He is teaching delayed gratification and faith. I know it will be very gratifying to be with my bride but I must wait. The time waiting has certainly tested my faith and my trust in God. I admit at times I've faltered. It is not easy to wait but God has proved that it is worth it.

What are you waiting for? Wait on God's time and his gifts. It is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment